I have been chair of the special session SS3 Multimedia indexing for content-based search engines at CBMI 2009 (7th International Workshop on Content-Based Multimedia Indexing), held in Chania, Crete (Greece).
All the main scientific contributors of the Pharos project will be represented in the session, together with a set of selected invited speakers from other European projects. The event has been a great opportunity for discussion, joint work and presentation of project outcomes.
The presented papers are:
- Petros Daras and Apostolos Axenopoulos. A Compact Multi-View Descripto for 3D Object Retrieval
- Alessandro Bozzon, Marco Brambilla and Piero Fraternali. Model-Driven Design of Audiovisual Indexing Processes for Search-Based Applications
- Reede Ren and Joemon Jose. Query Generation From Multiple Multimedia Examples
- Azeddine Zidouni, Mohamed Quafafou and Herve Glotin. Structured Named Entity Retrieval in Audio Broadcast News
- Oliver Schreer, Ingo Feldmann, Isabel Alonso, Pedro Concejero, Abdul Sadka and Rafiq Swash. RUSHES – Retrieval of Multimedia Semantic Units for Enhanced Reusability
- Peter Dunker, Christian Dittmar, Andre Begau, Stefanie Nowak and Matthias Gruhne. Semantic High-Level Features for Automated Cross-Modal Slideshow Generation
- Georges Quenot, Tien Ping Tan, Viet Bac Le, Stephane Ayache, Laurent Besacier and Philippe Mulhem. Content-Based Search in Multi-Lingual Audiovisual Documents using the International Phonetic Alphabet
- Cyril Laurier, Owen Meyers, Joan Serra, Martin Blech and Perfecto Herrera. Music Mood Annotator Design and Integration
- Alan Smeaton and Sandra Rothwell. Biometric Responses to Music-Rich Segments in Films: The CDVPlex
Here are a few pictures of the presenters (and of the beautiful setting of the conference venue).